Even the mere allegation of a charge of child pornography is enough to turn your life upside down. If you were arrested for possessing, creating or distributing child pornography in Phoenix, you are advised to obtain the legal services of a skilled and experienced Phoenix child pornography lawyer. Attorney Jeremy Geigle of Jackson White Attorneys at Law is available to serve you in this most challenging time in your life.
Definition of Child Pornography Under Arizona Law:
According to Arizona Rev. Stat. 13-3553, child pornography is covered under the umbrella of Sexual Exploitation of a Minor. A person commits child pornography by knowingly:
- Recording, filming, photographing, developing or duplicating any visual depiction in which a minor is engaged in exploitative exhibition or sexual conduct.
- Distributing, transporting, exhibiting, receiving, selling, purchasing, electronically transmitting, possessing or exchanging any visual depiction in which a minor is engaged in exploitative exhibition or other sexual conduct.
In other words, it is illegal to be involved in any form of child pornography in Phoenix or elsewhere in Arizona. There are also federal laws that prohibit child pornography. Consequences are extreme.
Penalties for Child Pornography in Arizona:
It is well known that Arizona has some of the strictest child pornography laws in the country. In fact, it is often said that Arizona has the strictest child pornography laws in the country:
- Possession of any image of child pornography is an individual and separate offense
- If there is more than one image, each image requires a consecutive sentence
- Prison: 10 years for a single image of a child 15 years old or less
- The 10 year sentence is the required minimum sentence
- There is no possibility for parole or early release in Arizona
- Lifetime sex offender registration
Defending Against Child Pornography in Phoenix:
- Illegally obtained evidence
- Improperly handled evidence
- Tainted chain of possession
- Unproven, disputed computer ownership or usage
- Unconstitutional search and seizure of evidence
- Miranda rights not read
- Warrantless search when warrant was required
Free Consultation with an Arizona Child Pornography Criminal Defense Attorney:
Understandably, you are frightened and concerned about your future and you need legal advice and representation from a Phoenix child pornography attorney who will fight for your freedom and your rights. Attorney Jeremy Geigle has represented many clients who have been accused of child pornography and other sex offenses and he has the expertise to craft the effective legal defense required to obtain the best results possible. Jeremy is a caring, compassion and devoted attorney who understands that people make mistakes and believes that everyone deserves a second chance. Contact our office at 480-818-9943 to schedule a complimentary consultation with Phoenix criminal defense attorney Jeremy Geigle of JacksonWhite Attorneys at Law.